Position Title Java Developer
Position Status Currently Hiring
Position Location(s) Philadelphia Area (Haverford, PA)
Experience Level 4+ years software development
Employment Category Full Time
Compensation Commensurate with Experience
We are seeking Java Developers / Engineers to join our develop team; responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the firm's highly distributed high performance automated trading engine. The ideal candidate will come from a background with exposure to Java and incorporating Core Java into open source packages, preferably with exposure to Spring. Helpful to have experience with real time systems with exposure to electronic trading systems in the areas of equities, futures, or options. You need to be able to demonstrate your ability to develop and create real-time multithreaded application solutions. The position requires the individual to be capable of working in an environment that requires agile skills, problem solving, and strong communication skills.
Desired skills and experience
• 4+ years software development experience preferably with experience in developing trading systems / analysis tools
• Exposure to Core Java OO programming with Multithreading experience and understanding of basic Enterprise Integration Patterns and Design Patterns.
• Ability to implement enterprise level frameworks, broad based functional and technical software solutions
• Basic understanding of different types of open source packages, notably anything Spring, Apache (Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Camel, Http, Commons ) and data transformation (jaxb2, json)
• Strong communication skills
• Protocols: TCP/IP and other middleware knowledge is a plus
This is a full time position with benefits that include highly competitive wages, bonus plans, opportunity for significant career advancement, company paid medical contributions, paid vacation, free parking and in-office full gym. No recruiting firms or third party responses please. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org